This blog was ‘born’ on Friday 16th August and though I can’t quite believe it, it has already won an award thanks to Maddy over at beautify inside and out.
The award is the ‘Liebster’ award… [see cute shiny thing below] and is awarded to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
Of course, it doesn’t come without it’s terms and conditions – one of them being I have to answer 10 questions put to me by my nominator. I think this might be interesting for my readers or it might not be depending on the reason you read this blog!
1. Do you believe in reincarnation?
Yes. Though I have no evidence of this and I don’t believe that it necessarily happens to everyone, I believe that it is possible. This doesn’t mean I believe in God as I don’t think reincarnation and God are mutually exclusive concepts but that’s a debate for another day.
2. Who is you favourite author?
Ugh. I am a big reader and to pick one would be just too tragic. I like all manner of fiction from horror to romance to mystery to thriller to ‘chick-lit’…
3. What is your favourite reality TV show?
I don’t like the new generation of reality television such as TOWIE and the like but I do admit to watching some old school formats such as X Factor, Wife Swap, Come Dine With Me, Supernanny & Top Model. Unlike some people who watch these shows, I don’t pretend that they are profound or intellectual. I watch them for entertainment – and I’m cool with that.
4. Do you prefer lollies or chocolate?
Chocolate – every time…
5. What book has changed you?
I don’t have one specific one – I think every book you read changes you in some way, even if only in a small way.
6. Cats or dogs?
I have both cat and dog so to pick one would create a karmic divide in our household. I love both though, for the record. I get different things from both of them.
7 Would you go skinny dipping?
Well, yeah. I mean – why not?
8. Is lying bad?
As a general rule of thumb, yes. However, a lot depends on motive and therefore ‘white lies’ do have their place and are sometimes acceptable if they are for the greater good.
9. Do you wish to be famous?
No… I’m a private person. I fantasise about what it would be like sometimes but I never wish for it to be a reality. Seeing my book in print in Waterstones? Well, I could live with that…
10. Are you tidy or messy?
It depends on which zone of the house you look at and what time of the week it is. Everything has a cycle and has its turn being messy, tidy then messy again. It gets tidied in turn and I do strive for lots of tidy at once, sometimes it just doesn’t work. So I’ll guess I’m an ‘aspirational tidy’. Nothing is so messy that the floors or covered, that drawers won’t shut or that things can’t be found though… so yeah. Tidy…
And now, I look to my fellow bloggers to select 10 other recipients of this lovely award who will in turn get to a) post the award on their blog b) answer 10 questions from me and c) ask 10 questions of another 10 unsuspecting bloggers.
It’s like… a virtual chain letter but nicer!
- http://halfdecentgigrider.wordpress.com/ – Great blogger with a great attitude
- http://forlackofabetternerd.wordpress.com/ – NYC resident with a unique take on life
- http://terriponce.com/ – A novelist with a great attitude who I’d like to get to know
- http://kategallagherya.wordpress.com/ – A novelist with a new book due out soon – great humorous blog
- http://ajw95.wordpress.com/ – An aspiring author like me who needs some encouragement and support to make it through the writing process
- http://musingsofanaspiringscribbler.wordpress.com/ – A fellow writer with her own view on fanfiction
- http://apageofheaven.wordpress.com/ – A book review blog where I will be sourcing some new reads
- http://juiceb23.wordpress.com/ – Show some support for Lucy who is nearly 30 and has a list of 30 things to do before her big 3-0 birthday
- http://myeyespygallery.wordpress.com/ – Awesome photographer with thoughtful accompanying narratives
- http://3stagesofgirl.com/ – Funny Mom-Blog – hilarious posts
And here are my questions for you guys (and please elaborate!)…
1. Where is your favourite place in the world?
2. What is your favourite smell?
3. If you could be someone else for the day, who would it be?
4. Which celebrity do you wish you could make disappear?
5. What is your biggest ambition?
6. What is your biggest regret?
7. What is your favourite room in the house?
8. What is your first ever memory?
9. What is your favourite song?
10. Tell me something really unique/strange/odd about yourself that not many people know.